Our emergency management and recovery information guides you through three key steps to take the pressure off emergency management planning by helping you:
- set up a solid emergency management plan
- get your business back up and running as quickly as possible.
The three steps covered are:
- Plan and prepare for emergencies – to help you to identify potential risks for your business and develop strategies to help manage these risks.
- Take action in an emergency – to help you through the steps you should follow if an emergency occurs.
- Recover from an emergency – to help you to identify the key people you need to contact and places you can seek help.
Emergency management tools and resources
Planning for emergencies and natural disasters is essential to help protect your business against the worst. Our emergency management tools are available in two formats so that you can pick the one that best suits your business.
- App – MyBizShield is available for free on Android™ tablets and iPads, giving you a template to set up and access your emergency management plan while you’re on the go.
- Template – Our emergency management templates, guides and checklists will help you to set up everything you need within simple to use documents.
- Keep an eye on our article, Natural disaster government assistance for business, for regularly updated information about assistance for business owners.
- Disaster Assist provides information on current disasters and available assistance.
- The Bureau of Meteorology provides climate outlooks for the upcoming months, to help you get an idea of any extreme weather you’ll need to prepare for.